Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent



I often hear of folks giving up things like wine or chocolate for Lent. Ok, well, either of those would be harder than is necessary for me. 

I try to dig deep. Two years ago I gave up what I called "the razor edge of my tongue" and worked harder to restrain myself from telling people just how I felt. I felt good about it, and it really trained me to think before speaking.

This year I am giving up NEGATIVITY.  I admit, I can see the negative in someone or something and tend to make judgments about people based on whether I think they have half a brain. 

My friend Joni is such a positive, smiling person. You never hear her say anything that isn't uplifting or that doesn't raise people up. I admire this quality in her, and so for the Lenten season I will be focused on positive & inspiring thoughts, words, and actions. And I pray that God will help me with this, because when He leaves me in charge, things don't go as well. But I know that through Him, all things are possible. 

Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment