Monday, September 30, 2013

The 2013 Fall Bucket List


I'm all about "making memories". Forget the material stuff, I love the things you can never take away - experiences with family & friends. But every year, time slips past us. Not this year!! I've made a Fall Bucket List for us.

Can I guarantee we do it all? Of course not. But my kids are now 18, 16, and 13, which means time is ticking away. Some of these they won't do with us. The oldest is at school, the middle one is busy 24/7, and the youngest isn't interested in much more than his X-box.

And just in case the graphic isn't showing, here's our list:

Picnic at Vineyard
Plant mums
Attend the high school Homecoming Game (which we did, and my beloved Spotswood Blazers won 35-0!)
Watch "Hocus Pocus"
Sip apple cider
Go apple picking and make homemade pies
Attend Oktoberfest
Take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway as the leaves are peaking
Make crafts for the church Bazaar
Create shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child
Start on handmade Christmas gifts
Winterize the yard and plant bulbs for next year
Go pumpkin picking
Homemade chili & cornbread
Visit Fear Forest
Shop the craft vendors at Fall Festivals
Sit around a bonfire & make s'mores
Decorate the house for fall (check!)
Host a Halloween Party (may not happen this year due to the football schedule we have)
Play flag football
Attend a JMU football game & tailgate before with friends
Crochet a blanket
Have an "unplugged" day - no phones, TV, or computers.

***

I compiled these from things I want to do, as well as ideas I saw on Pinterest.  Please share your additions in the comments section.

<3 C

No comments:

Post a Comment